Building a High Performance Team
Building High Performance Teams
Successful organizations place a high value on teamwork. Inside every winning organization there is a high-performing team. Designed specifically for managers and supervisors, or anyone who is responsible for building a team, this session focuses on identifying the benefits of functioning as a high-performance team.
Individuals will participate in a team building activity designed to replicate typical work-related team behaviors. Emphasis will be placed on creating an accepting environment in which participants have the opportunity to strengthen relationships and commitment. Without inferring blame, participants will identify current challenges, analyze the outcome if they continue on the same course, provide suggestions for improvement, and chart a course with a new direction. Throughout the session, participants will engage in activities designed to help establish trust, credibility, and rapport with other members of the team, ultimately leading to greater team cohesiveness. Leaders will leave the session motivated to put into practice what they have learned through their participation in this interactive program.
We begin this training program with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
Upon completion of this module, managers will be able to:
- Identify the stages of team development and apply information to their team
- Determine strategies to enhance team cohesiveness and effectiveness
- Recognize the five critical factors for team success
- Assess participant’s ability in the role of team leader
- Identify various roles that team members typically play
- Participate in a competitive, team-building activity
- Steps to advance the team through the stages, taking them to the next level
- Assess both strengths and opportunities for participants’ current teams
- Create and implement an action plan to enhance team’s effectiveness
Free White Paper Beyond Engagement: 8 Proven Strategies to Workplace Excellence
Learn how your organization can achieve results through Workplace Excellence
The Manager's Toolkit
The Manager's Toolkit is the one stop action planning website for becoming an even stronger, more effective leader. Managers will read recommendations, related articles, suggested actions, and watch informative videos that will guide them through improving their leadership skills.