Effective Organizational Communication
Individuals who are influential within organizations know the importance of strong communication skills. This seminar is designed to teach practical skills and techniques to make communicating with others more effective. Participants will be involved in activities designed to increase awareness as to the importance of effective communication and the ways in which it positively impacts relationships throughout the organization.
We typically begin our training programs with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the variety of ways in which we communicate
- Recognize the power of good listening skills and put them into practice
- Develop realistic skills to improve communication with superiors, employees, peers, and customers
- Determine the factors that help/hinder effective organizational communication
- Identify common roadblocks to listening
- Understand effective questioning and summarizing techniques
- Practice the art of “inquiry” versus “advocating”
- Develop effective attending techniques to enhance the listening process
- Give feedback that is well-received and acted on
- Understand the impact that nonverbal communication has on the communication process
- Communicate in a way that makes others feel they are valued
- Develop an Action Plan detailing what participants will do differently to enhance their overall communication effectiveness
Free White Paper Beyond Engagement: 8 Proven Strategies to Workplace Excellence
Learn how your organization can achieve results through Workplace Excellence
The Manager's Toolkit
The Manager's Toolkit is the one stop action planning website for becoming an even stronger, more effective leader. Managers will read recommendations, related articles, suggested actions, and watch informative videos that will guide them through improving their leadership skills.