Successfully Managing Difficult Conversations
Managing Difficult Conversations
Leaders are often challenged with the task of dealing with situations that they may find difficult to discuss. These are the types of difficult conversations that can keep leaders up the night before and set their pulse racing just thinking about it. For many, procrastination becomes the preferred strategy of choice.
Successfully Managing Difficult Conversations will help your leaders successfully prepare, deliver and facilitate crucial conversations by establishing the purpose, determining different ways to open the conversation, and developing strategies to effectively accomplish goals. Participants will realize the impact that their emotions have on the outcome and understand how to align their attitudes and emotions in a positive way in order to develop a powerful strategy for success.
We typically begin this training program with a thorough assessment developed through interviews with managers and supervisors. This helps us gain an inside look at the opportunities and challenges your organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course.
Managing Difficult Conversations Objective:
This customizable course provides managers with the tools and skills they need to be candid and manage difficult conversations with others in the organization.
- Identify steps to take in preparing for the difficult or candid conversation
- Establish communication channels with clear boundaries
- Appropriately identify specific measurable behaviors, not attitudes, that require feedback or coaching
- Utilize the power of inquiry versus advocacy
- Effectively handle performance problems (coaching)
- Lean to deal with difficult or challenging employees when employees do not agree with your feedback…options for saying “no”
- Develop and practice communication skills that encourage employees to also be candid in their communication
- Participate in three customized case studies – role play
- Create an action plan for providing employees with feedback that motivates them to develop to their full potential
Free White Paper Beyond Engagement: 8 Proven Strategies to Workplace Excellence
Learn how your organization can achieve results through Workplace Excellence
The Manager's Toolkit
The Manager's Toolkit is the one stop action planning website for becoming an even stronger, more effective leader. Managers will read recommendations, related articles, suggested actions, and watch informative videos that will guide them through improving their leadership skills.