Medical Professionals Training on Patient Service
Patients and customers rely on quality service, organizations strive for it . . . why can’t you make it happen consistently? Our customer service training program goes way beyond creating satisfied customers and focuses on building a relationship between the medical professional and the customer, resulting in loyalty. The only individuals in your organization that can make this happen are those on your customer service team: each and every employee within your health care organization. Our trainers and consultants will create and deliver a customer service training program for medical professionals, guaranteed to position your employees to please, and even delight, your patients, creating a long standing relationship.
We typically begin our training programs with a thorough assessment of your organization through interviews with managers, supervisors, and employees. This helps us gain an “inside look” at the opportunities and challenges your health care organization faces. We then process that information to develop a customized program tailored to meet your needs. Our experienced trainers spend as much time researching your health care organization and tailoring the program to your specific needs as they do presenting the course. A typical customized training program is comprised of critical components from the following four curriculum areas:
- Providing Extraordinary Customer Service
- Utilizing Effective Telephone Techniques
- Dealing with Angry or Difficult Customers
- Improving Internal Customer Service
- Understand the link between customer service and profitability
- View exceptional service as a competitive weapon
- Be able to turn an angry and complaining patient into a satisfied one
- Eliminate “blame frame” and “that’s not my job” attitudes
- Develop the art of negotiation to achieve positive outcomes
- Select appropriate telephone questioning techniques
- Build a positive attitude for internal service
- Learn strategies to diffuse difficult customer situations
- Acquire valuable listening skills
Successful organizations know that customer service is today’s most important business factor. While each program is different, key topics included in a typical training session for health care organizations are listed below. This program focuses on giving front line patient service representatives the skills they need to handle each interaction with patients confidently and positively, leading to increased patient loyalty.
- What constitutes great service?
- Why do patients complain?
- “Talkers” vs. “walkers”
- First impressions . . . you only get one chance
- Four steps to caring customer service
- What’s the real value of one patient?
- How to determine your customers’ critical “Moments of Truth” and create a positive experience for each moment
- Correctly evaluating a patient’s business needs and human level needs
- Determining how patients develop their perceptions
- Managing patient expectations to meet or exceed their perceptions
- Exploring a customer service “report card” to identify best and worst practices
- How to diffuse an angry or complaining customer
- The role of listening when dealing with angry patients
- Keys for not getting “hooked” with difficult or angry patients
- How to demonstrate “all out recovery” when things don’t go well
- Inverting the pyramid: gaining input from the front line
- Seizing the opportunity to exceed patients’ expectations and build patient loyalty
Free White Paper Beyond Engagement: 8 Proven Strategies to Workplace Excellence
Learn how your organization can achieve results through Workplace Excellence
The Manager's Toolkit
The Manager's Toolkit is the one stop action planning website for becoming an even stronger, more effective leader. Managers will read recommendations, related articles, suggested actions, and watch informative videos that will guide them through improving their leadership skills.